I-STATE TRUCK, INC. a Subsidiary of :
INTERSTATE COMPANIES, INC.
A Brief History
The company began as Interstate�GM Diesel, Inc. in June 1957. Headquartered in Minneapolis, it has been at its present location, 2501 East 80th Street in Minneapolis, MN, since 1966.
Until 1986, INTERSTATE was basically a single product line company whose primary business was the operation of a distributorship for Detroit Diesel Corporation (DDC), whose business lines included engines and transmissions.
From 1986 to 2011, the company grew and expanded through a series of mergers and acquisitions:
- 1986�Acquires Holeman GM Diesel, Inc. (5 additional locations).
- 1989�Acquires Hicklin GM Diesel, Inc., a distributor of Diesel Detroit products as well as John Deere industrial engines (3 additional locations).
- 1989�Acquires exclusive distribution of MAN bus components
- 1989�Is reorganized to create a holding company (Interstate Companies, Inc.) which provides strategic planning functions for its operating divisions.
- 1992�Acquires Barco Bearing (7 new businesses and 2 new locations).
- 1994�Acquires Carrier Transport Refrigeration product line in Montana.
- 1995�Acquires parts and service responsibility for Carrier in Minnesota and North Dakota.
- 1995�Opens Interstate Power Products and Services (IPPS) (1 new location).
- 1996�Acquires total distribution for Carrier Transport Refrigeration in Minnesota and North Dakota.
- 1998�Acquires Carrier Transport Refrigeration product line in the Quad Cities area.
- 1999�Acquires Waukesha Engine product line in North Dakota and Montana.
- 1999�Acquires Assets of Badger Bearing (Wisconsin).
- 2000�Acquires TEC Repair, Inc. (Blaine, MN).
- 2001�Acquires Valley Electric Motor (Grand Forks, ND).
- 2001---Acquires Nicholsen Engine Group (Deutz Engines and Parts)
- 2003---Acquires Chesley Truck of Roseville & Inver Grove -Becomes I-State Truck Centers (Freightliner)
- 2004---Acquires Billings & Great Falls Truck Centers of Montana- Becomes I-State Truck Centers (Freightliner)
- 2005---Opens new Branch in Lincoln, NE for PowerSystems
- 2008---Opens new Branch in Cedar Rapids, IA for PowerSystems
- 2009---Acquires Missoula Freightliner of Montana- Becomes I-State Truck Centers (Freightliner)
- 2010---Expands into the Industrial Labor market with Interstate IndustrialSystems
- 2011---Acquires Holcomb Freightliner in South Dakota and Iowa � Becomes I-State Truck Centers
INTERSTATE COMPANIES, INC. (ICI)
INTERSTATE COMPANIES, INC. (ICI) is a holding company that provides centralized finance, accounting, data processing (IT), and administrative functions for its operating subsidiaries. The subsidiaries, in turn, are responsible for marketing, sales, service, and inventory management functions.
INTERSTATE POWER SYSTEMS, INC.
INTERSTATE POWERSYSTEMS (IPS) is a wholesale and retail distribution company, founded in 1957 to serve the industry with Detroit Diesel engine and Allison Transmission products. Other major lines include; MTU Power Systems, Waukesha gas products, and Carrier Transicold product line of truck and trailer refrigeration equipment and replacement components and parts. IPS is currently headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, with 15 full service branch locations in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa.
INTERSTATE BEARINGSYSTEMS (IBS) is a wholesale distributor of bearings and power transmission components. Originally founded as Barco Bearing, serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Was acquired in January 1992 and renamed as IBT currently operating from headquarters in Minneapolis and 9 locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming.
INTERSTATE ASSEMBLYSYSTEMS (IAS) is an assembly division that is headquartered in Fargo, ND. It was founded in 1995 to provide subassembly for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and focused initially on the bus coach industry.
INTERSTATE INDUSTRIALSYSTEMS (IIS) provides skilled and unskilled Labor to the Industrial Market. This group also has a full complement of support equipment that includes, Vac Trucks, Welders, Power Washing Units, etc�
I-STATE TRUCK, INC.
I-STATE TRUCK CENTERS (IST) is a franchised dealer & service representative for Freightliner, Isuzu, Mitsubishi-Fuso & Sprinter new and used medium and heavy-duty trucks, East trailers and related parts and accessories. I-STATE has 7 branch locations in Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota and Iowa.